Tel: +44 (0)141 881 1051
Health & Safety
GMS THERMAL PRODUCTS LIMITED takes a very positive approach to safety at work and considers this to be of equal importance to other business functions. In so far as is reasonably practicable the Directors of GMS THERMAL PRODUCTS will ensure that responsibilities for safety and health are assigned, accepted and carried out at all levels. We will also ensure that all practicable steps are taken to safeguard the health, safety and welfare of all Employees, Contractors and Visitors to premises or operations under our control.
It is therefore our intention to:
- Provide and maintain plant and safe systems of work for all employees whilst on company business.
- Make arrangements for the safe use, handling, storage and transportation of articles and substances and to comply with the relevant provisions of the COSHH regulations 1994.
- Provide adequate information, instruction and training as necessary to secure the health and safety of all employees.
- Ensure that all employees know and understand their responsibilities in respect of health and safety matters.
- Insist that safety instructions are carried out and that safety systems and procedures are followed.
- Maintain fire precautions, firefighting and systems for evacuation in the event of any emergency, as required by the Fire Certificate and The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations.
- Provide appropriate medical and related facilities to safeguard the health and welfare of all employees.
- Utilise records to allow safety and health performance to be measured.
- Encourage through consultation the co-operation and involvement of employees in achieving these objectives.
- Acknowledge the activities of recognised trades union appointed safety representatives.
Employees at every level are therefore expected to:
- Take all reasonable steps to safeguard themselves and any other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions whilst at work on company business.
- Co-operate with The Company so far as is necessary to enable any duty or requirement imposed on GMS THERMAL PRODUCTS Ltd by relevant legislation to be performed or complied with.
It is recognised that GMS THERMAL PRODUCTS Ltd operate in a dynamic environment and this policy will be reviewed annually in the light of future developments.
View our Health & Safety Policy